Greetings everyone, and welcome to the weekly Gnosis Core Devs Call. Just a quick reminder that this meeting takes place every Wednesday.
Participants: Erigon, Gateway, Nethermind, Geth, Gnosis DevOps, Gnosis Core Devs, Gnosis DevRels, Gnosis Comms team and the contributors.
April 12, 2023
Client Team Updates
- Nethermind: No updates. Steadily progressing with Hive tests
- Erigon: No specific updates, waiting for Shanghai to happen. Marcos was asking for an Erigon config for Gnosis. Erigon doesn’t support single file configs for AuRa chains. It will require some code change. Is this required for Hive tests? Not absolutely necessary, but would be useful so that it’s generic for every client Andrew will take a look at it this week.
- Geth: No update
- Prysm: No update
- Nimbus Started working on a DAppNode package
- Gateway: Bridge validators up and running and there are successful transactions for both (native and AMD) Helped Giveth team to setup their bridge validators by sharing steps via notion. Looked into the shapella issue on devnet.
- Plausible scenario: Lighthouse lost all peers just before it was its time to propose the block, so it began a new chain, then it couldn’t re-connect to reorg so it only proposed blocks when it was its time.
Doesn’t seem to be the issue with Erigon or Nethermind Unlikely to repeat in real life because we won’t have that little actual nodes and that many validators. But we need to be careful with Chiado, because the setup is similar. Waiting for the next steps for the next devnet.
- Gnosis: Setting up network metrics and alerts Grafana and Prometheus running. Doing some tests. We will follow up with new updates next week. Also have Telegram notifications working. We will invite appropriate teams in due time.
We have consensus on the current broken devnet. We’re going to spin a new one up. Mainnet hardfork is happening today, so it might be a blocker. To be confirmed by Carlos
- Hive: How to open up the network to outside validators? GNO faucet? New testnet for validators to keep Chiado stable for other testing?