Terms & Conditions
Last updated: October2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing or using our website https://gnosis.io (the"Site"). By using our Site you conﬁrm that you accept these terms and you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree, you must not use our Site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS")
1. WHO WE ARE
https://gnosis.io is a site operated by Gnosis Ltd. (herein referred to as "Gnosis", "we", "us" or "our"). We are registered in Gibraltar under company number 115571 and have our registered oﬃce at World Trade Center, 6 Bayside Road, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar.
2. BY USING OUR SITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
2.1. These terms and conditions ("Terms") constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, an individual user or site visitor, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (herein referred to as "user" or "you") and us concerning your access to and/or use of the https://gnosis.io website and all applications, content, software, and services available via the website (collectively, the "Site"), except to the extent such content is the subject of a separate agreement.
2.2. Currently, we maintain https://gnosis.io as a medium for news, information, documentation, tutorials and updates about the Gnosis ecosystem. We are a software development company that contributes to the development of the Gnosis ecosystem. For the avoidance of doubt, Gnosis Ltd is not GnosisDAO and does not manage GnosisDAO. Gnosis Ltd does not control activities or information on the GnosisDAO, which is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization managed by a community of individuals who steward the Gnosis ecosystem. Gnosis Ltd is fully independent from GnosisDAO and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for their actions or omissions. You are responsible for gathering your own information regarding GnosisDAO.
2.3. We may amend these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply at that time.
2.4. These Terms also refer to the following additional terms which also apply to your use of our Site:
3. ACCESS TO OUR SITE
When visiting our website
3.1. Our Site is made available free of charge. We reserve the right to make changes to our Site from time to time at our sole discretion.
3.2. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and/or operational
reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
3.3. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection or device are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
4. INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS NOT ADVICE
4.1. The content on our Site is provided for general information only. None of the content or information on our Site, or made otherwise available to you in connection with its use, constitutes any legal, tax, ﬁnancial or other advice. When in doubt as to the action you should take, you should consult your legal, ﬁnancial, tax or other professional advisors.
4.2. Although it is intended to provide accurate and timely information, the Site may not always be entirely accurate, complete or current and may also include technical inaccuracies or typological errors. Accordingly, you should verify all information before relying on it. All decisions based on information contained on the Site are your sole responsibility and Gnosis shall have no liability for actions or decisions that you take as a result of any content or information on our Site.
5. PROPER USE
You acknowledge thatyou are responsible for your own use of the Site and for any postingto the Site you make, including transmitting comments, ideas, code,or other information in any form (collectively referred to as the“Contributions”) to us. You agree that you will use the Site incompliance with all applicable national and international laws, rulesand regulations. Like all communities, we ask that you participate ina manner that respects your community members in a productive andsafe environment. To that end, you agree by way of example, and notas a limitation, that you will not:
5.1. Post any content to the Site that infringes any third party’s intellectual property or other rights;
5.2. Post any content to the Site that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups;
5.3. Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another person without his or her express consent;
5.4. Use the Site for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability;
5.5. Use the Site for unauthorised advertisements, chain letters, spam, survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations;
5.6. Impersonate any person or entity, including any Gnosis employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your aﬃliation with any person or entity;
5.7. Imply that Gnosis endorses any of your statements or positions;
5.8. Take any action that imposes an unreasonable burden on the Site’s server;
5.9. Use any device, software, routine or other means to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity being conducted on the Site;
5.10. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
5.11. Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or making up the Site; and/or
5.12. Delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity.
6. UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
6.1. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in the “PROPER USE” section set out above. You warrant that any such Contributions do comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suﬀer as a result of your breach of warranty.
6.2. Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-conﬁdential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you hereby grant us and other users of the Site a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, store, display, copy and create derivative works of that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
6.3. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
6.4. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
6.5. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our “PROPER USE” section.
7. SCOPE OF LICENCE TO USERS
7.1. The Site and its content is owned by Gnosis, its aﬃliated persons or entities (“Aﬃliates”), its licensors or other providers of such material and
are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. All such rights are reserved and you acknowledge that nothing in these Terms gives you any ownership rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us, our Aﬃliates and/or our licensors.
7.2. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Site solely for your own use. Gnosis, its Aﬃliates and its licensors shall remain the owner of the Site and its content at all times.
7.3. The Site may contain code, commonly referred to as open source software, which is distributed under open source license terms, including terms which allow the free distribution and modiﬁcation of the relevant software´s source code and/or which require all distributors to make such source code freely available upon request, including any contributions or modiﬁcations made by such distributor ("Open Source Software"). To the extent that the Site contains any Open Source Software, that element only is licensed to you under the relevant license terms of the applicable third party licensor ("Open Source License Terms") and not under these Terms, and you accept and agree to be bound by such Open Source License Terms.
7.4. You may not misuse the Site and may only use it as permitted by law. We reserve and retain all rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms. If you breach our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of our Aﬃliates or licensors in violation of these Terms, your license to use our Site will automatically be revoked and terminated with immediate eﬀect and you shall, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
The Gnosis name, its logo and all related names (including product and services names), designs and slogans are trademarks of Gnosis or any Aﬃliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Gnosis.
9. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BUGS AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
9.1. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
9.2. You are responsible for conﬁguring your information technology and computer programmes to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
9.3. You understand and accept that you use our Site at your own risk.
9.4. You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you could be committing a criminal oﬀence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
10. THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND EXTERNAL LINKS
These Terms apply only to the Site. In using the Site, you may be exposed to content and information, for example, data, text, ﬁles, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, proﬁles, audio, video, messages, services or links, from other users or third parties ("Third-Party Content"), either on our Site or through any links directing to third-party websites or mobile applications. We do not review, monitor, operate or control any such Third-Party Content. The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Site does not indicate any approval, veriﬁcation or endorsement by Gnosis of such Third-Party Content.
Gnosis is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content or the act of accessing, browsing, or otherwise using such Third Party Content.
11. RULES ABOUT YOU LINKING TO OUR SITE
11.1. You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Site in any website without the website owner’s authorisation.
11.2. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. LIMIT OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
12.1. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, AND “AS AVAILABLE”
BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, WE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES:
12.1.1. IN RELATION TO TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
12.1.2. THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE, AND WE HEREBY NOTIFY YOU THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL;
12.1.3. THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF BUGS, VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS OR TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL; OR
12.1.4. THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT, CONTRIBUTIONS OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE OR UP TO DATE.
12.2. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE), ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
12.2.1. THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR SITE;
12.2.2. USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING CONTRIBUTIONS AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT) DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE; OR
12.2.3. A CYBER-ATTACK, VIRUS OR OTHER MALICIOUS OR TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, DEVICES, APPLICATIONS, PROGRAMMES, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE.
12.3. IN PARTICULAR, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
12.3.1. LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS OR REVENUE;
12.3.2. BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
12.3.3. LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
12.3.4. LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
12.3.5. ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
12.4. IF AND TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS, SUCH LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO GBP 100 OR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW (WHICHEVER IS GREATER).
12.5. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT WE DO NEITHER CONTROL ANY BLOCKCHAIN PROTOCOL, NOR ANY SMART CONTRACT PROTOCOL. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ALONE, AND NOT GNOSIS, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS THAT YOU ENGAGE IN WITH REGARD TO ANY BLOCKCHAIN AND/OR SMART CONTRACT PROTOCOL.
12.6. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF GNOSIS, ITS AFFILIATES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH GNOSIS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 13.1. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Gnosis, Aﬃliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective oﬃcers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising or resulting from your breach of these Terms or your access, contribution to, use or misuse of the Site. Gnosis shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or proceeding.
- 13.2. Without prejudice and in addition to the indemnity provided in clause 13.1, in the event that a third party brings any claim, suit or proceeding against Gnosis as a result of your breach of these Terms, you agree to cooperate and provide all assistance as we may reasonably require or request in connection with our defense of such claim, suit or proceeding.
- 13.3. The indemnity set out here is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other remedies that may be available to us under applicable law.
14. RIGHT TO RESTRICT ACCESS AND TAKE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
- 14.1. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS OR ANYAPPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Site.
- 14.2. In addition, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal proceedings against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and/or disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law. The actions we may take are not limited to those described, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
15. THE TERMS ARE OUR ENTIRE AGREEMENT WITH YOU AND WE MAY ASSIGN THE TERMS
- 15.1. We may assign these Terms to any of our Aﬃliates or in connection with a merger or other disposition of all or substantially all of our assets.
- 15.2. In addition, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal proceedings against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and/or disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law. The actions we may take are not limited to those described, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
16. USER DATA
17. GOVERNING LAW
18. HOW TO RESOLVE COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
19. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- 19.1. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT, IF ANY, TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.
- 19.2. In the event a Dispute cannot be resolved amicably in accordance with clause 18, within a period of sixty (60) days, then any such Dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and ﬁnally resolved by arbitration under the rules of the London Court of International Arbitration ("LCIA Rules"). The seat of the arbitration shall be Gibraltar. The arbitration will be conducted conﬁdentially by a single arbitrator appointed in accordance with the LCIA Rules. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of these Terms shall be the substantive law of Gibraltar.
20. PROVISIONS ARE SEVERABLE, IF FOUND INVALID
If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modiﬁed to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modiﬁcation is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modiﬁcation to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not aﬀect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
21. CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at: email@example.com.